Czshuodao (referred to herein as “Czshuodao,” “we,” “us” and “our”) respects your privacy and takes our responsibility seriously.
1. Information We Collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us. In the past 12 months we may have collected various categories of personal information about you, including:
- Device Information: When you visit our Website, use our Apps, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we may learn about your browser, device type, IP address, MAC address, internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit, and any search terms you enter while on the Website.
- Location Data: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services and how you interact with us.
- Website/Apps Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Website and Apps, including pages visited, links clicked, buttons clicked, mouse movement, scroll behavior, and non-sensitive keystroke activity. This data may then be used to create a “session replay” of your interaction, which may be used to troubleshoot customer service issues, either individually or in the aggregate, to improve site functionality and to analyze user interaction. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
- Contact Information: We may collect your contact information, including first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, billing address, or shipping address.
- Payment Card Information and Payment Details: We may collect your payment card information or payment details if you make an order or add your payment details to your account with us, if any.
- Shopping History & Transactional Data: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items you purchase at an Czshuodao Store or Website, return or exchange, or add to your shopping cart.
- Call records, email records, text records, video, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations including all such information you have provided to us in connection with such conversation.
- Security camera footage: If you visit our stores or offices we may have security camera footage of you.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, Social Media Pages, or to us in person including photos, videos, or reviews.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic details about our customers such as birthdate, gender, ZIP code, Social Media information and profile data, and other similar details.
- Social Media Usage: We receive aggregated information about people who visit and interact with our Social Media Pages.
- Job Application Data: If you apply for a job with us, we will, in addition to the Contact Information you provide us, also collect such information as your educational background, employment history, résumé, and other information relating to your job search or application relevant for the recruitment process.
- Czshuodao Account Data: If you want to register or have a registered account with Czshuodao, we will collect your Contact Information, passwords for the account, Demographic Information, Preferences, and Shopping History & Transactional Data.
- Preferences: We may collect information about your preferences, such as products you may be interested in.
- Inferences: We may draw inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences, or other matters.
2. How Your Information is Collected
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: make a purchase; visit a store; contact us with questions or comments; upload content to our Website, Apps, or Social Media Pages; enter our contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; add items to your shopping cart; create an Czshuodao account; respond to a survey; make a product review; opt in to text messages; apply for a job; or fill out any forms on our Website, Apps, or Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website, use our Apps, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, like analytics or advertising companies, advertising networks, data brokers, recruitment agencies etc. These third parties may share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Service Providers and Contractors: We work with different kinds of vendors who as Service Providers or Contractors collects and processes personal information on our behalf and under our control and in accordance with our instructions.
- Operating systems and platforms: We use different kinds of operating systems and platforms to run our business and make relevant services available. These operating systems and platforms and the use hereof may create information, which could be personal information about you.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information, which is typically aggregated and doesn’t include personal information, with Czshuodao. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings. If you contact us via social media platforms to make a complaint or service request, then we will collect information related to such complaint of service request from the social media platform.
- Publicly Available Data: We may combine the information you provide to us with data that is publicly available.
3. How We Use Your Information
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including, but not limited to, processing payments, confirming or updating you on the status of your order, delivering packages, and responding to your customer service inquiries.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding our customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Website, Apps, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communications, analyzing trends and statistics). We keep track of the pages you visit and the manner in which you use the Website to determine what products are most popular and whether to make changes to the Website. We may, from time to time, review your information and information of other customers to help us analyze trends, purchasing patterns and preferences, and demographics.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize your shopping experience by using your product interests, shopping patterns, and purchase information to recommend other products, services or promotions that we believe you may be interested in as well as personalizing advertising and experiences on our Website, Apps, emails, and ads.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys, product reviews or other messages.
4. How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes
Czshuodao may exchange personal information with service providers, contractors and other third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in section 3 “How We Use Your Information,” and we may share with them any types of information described in section 1 “Information We Collect.” We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Some of these third parties may be located outside the United States. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Agencies and Data Analytics Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business and performing business analytics. We may share with them the types of information described in section 3 “How We Use Your Information.”
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Website and App users, our Website and App, or the public.
Czshuodao will not purchase consent, or sell, rent or share consent to opt-in to our mobile SMS/texting program.
5. How We Retain and Delete Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be held by us and kept in a form, which permits identification of you for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected and legitimately processed.
This implies that we will keep and process your personal information as long as we are providing services to you, interacting with you and/or consider having a relationship with you, and also afterwards for as long as would be needed for
i) for the establishment, exercise or defence of potential legal claims and disputes.
ii) compliance with tax, VAT, accounting and other mandatory regulation.
Thereafter, we will within reasonable time either delete your personal information or anonymise/deidentify it so that it no longer can be used to identify you.
We will also honor any statutory right you have to request your personal information to be deleted or anonymized.
6. Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Data: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services, and you may experience difficulties shopping online at the Website.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
Czshuodao does not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 16 years old.
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Although we use measures to protect your personal information, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk. You can protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for your Website account and any associated email addresses.
9. Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our website as intended. Czshuodao may not be able to receive or honor web browser “Do Not Track” signals and our Website may continue to collect information in the manner described within this privacy notice.
11. Links to Other Websites.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third Party Sites so that you understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Third Party Sites.